[Wikipedia-l] I'm seeing a trend here or How to keep driving away good contributors

mattheww+wikipedia at chiark.greenend.org.uk mattheww+wikipedia at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Oct 25 21:04:05 UTC 2002

Zoe wrote:
> And when they show no signs of getting tired?

If it turns out that there aren't enough people who are happy to fix
breakage, _then_ we should start thinking of banning people. But we
shouldn't assume that there aren't before we try.

Here's my personal guess: if it comes to the point that the only way to
keep Wikipedia healthy is to have a policy under which we frequently
ban people, Wikipedia will not be viable in any case. Nonetheless, if
we do reach that point, I would support trying such a policy. I am sure
we have not reached that point yet.

-M-