[Wikipedia-l] Re: Wikipedia-l digest, Vol 1 #790 - 12 msgs

Matt M. matt_mcl at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 25 20:40:50 UTC 2002

>We can work with people who make changes we disagree with as long as all of
us can be civil, but it's the tiny
>minority who refuses to compromise (either direction) that cause the
problems.

The converse problem is, of course, Billy and Bobby who are fighting over
the cake. "I want the whole thing!" says Billy. "No, I want half!" says
Bobby. "Children, children!" says the mother. "You should compromise. Billy
gets 3/4 and Bobby gets 1/4."

Some people should not be compromised with, and there should be a mechanism
for dealing with this eventuality.

Matt