[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia subset proposal

Axel Boldt axelboldt at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 20 21:42:47 UTC 2002

I like this proposal a lot. It marries the free-wheeling nature of
Wikipedia with a peer review process, and makes sure that the benefits
of peer review flow back into Wikipedia.

The people selecting Wikipedia articles for publication on the peer
reviewed version should be called "reviewers" rather than editors and
should get a link to a page where they can describe their
qualifications.

We certainly need a better name than "Wikipedia subset". I propose
something involving "Peer review", a very positively charged term. How
about "Free Peer-Reviewed Encyclopedia" or "Peer-Reviewed Wikipedia".
Not overly creative, but descriptive and clear.

Axel