[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia subset proposal

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at epost.de
Sun Oct 20 17:26:52 UTC 2002

<snip proposal>
That's what we wanted to do anyway, at least part of it. IMHO a patched
Phase III software would be exactly what you need:
* Replace the "add me as a user" with an "add-a-user" function for sysops
* Enable all logged-in users to edit a page *once*, then have it
protected automatically so it can't be changed
* Disable all not-logged-in edits
* Set up an automatic "language link" to the wikipedia article with the
same name ([[w:xyz]] on [[xyz]] at "Larrypedia")

That could be done in a day, by Lee, Brion, or myself .
You'll just have to find a server ;-)

Magnus