[Wikipedia-l] Random page bug fix

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Thu Oct 17 15:40:56 UTC 2002

I have a lot of experience with "interim bug fixes" -- because finding and fixing bugs is how I earn my living. That said, here is my proposal:

For now, ban the use of the AMPERSAND_CHARACTER in article titles. (I think this is what Jimbo just did -- or is also proposing :-)

* If someone wants to write about the big old phone company, the article will have to be called "ATT" or "American Telephone and Telegraph"
* The first (bold) mention of the company in the text of the article can still be '''AT&T''', because that doesn't hurt anything.

Eventually, one of us bright fellows (or gals) might figure out a way to parse the AMPERSAND_CHARACTER in a URL, but until then the above is a usable workaround.

Ed Poor
Opinions expressed on this list are *mine* -- not my employer's.