[Wikipedia-l] Redirect detector

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at epost.de
Tue Oct 15 11:48:25 UTC 2002

Brion VIBBER wrote:

> They should be separately configurable; I would vote for #3 if it's kept.
>
> Oh -- another thing; I notice the stub link marker doesn't do its
> magic in Recentchanges. I suppose it would add a teensy bit to the db
> lookup, but it might be nice.

That's why I didn't put it into the function for existing links
(makeKnownLink) but rather in the "rendering" part. I suppose the
database would be stressed too hard if many people would use it.

I patched Recent Changes at the test site so it displays stubs, without
additional database queries. That should work.

Magnus