[Wikipedia-l] Don't create pages for everything - allow subhead links

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Mon Oct 14 15:26:58 UTC 2002

How about giving the ability to link TO A HEADING OR SUBHEADING WITHIN A PAGE?

When I make a new article by cutting and pasting from an old article, it's generally because I want the reader to be able to find, say, Faramir, with a single click. If he's buried half way down a 10 KB article, it's going to be hard to find him. But if the user clicks on _Faramir_ and the page that comes up starts with F A R A M I R -- well, it makes the reading experience f-l-o-w better, if you see what I mean.

Ed Poor