[Wikipedia-l] en.wikipedia.org vs www.wikipedia.org and the Wikipedia family

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Sat Oct 12 22:11:40 UTC 2002

[Note:  The post that I'm replying to didn't appear on <intlwiki-l>.
        Or maybe it was posted separately; I'm not sure.]

Magnus Manske wrote:

>When writing on Phase II, I was thinking about little flags for the
>different languages. We'd just need a merged GB/US flag for
>en.wikipedia.com...

I say that we should use the English flag,
since the English language is named after England.
I'm American, never been to England, but this doesn't bother me.

And note that the English flag is *not* the Union Jack.
It's *half* of that, the flag of Saint George.

Will this sort of thing work for every language
that doesn't (like Esperanto) have its own flag?

-- Toby