[Intlwiki-l] Re: [Wikipedia-l] en.wikipedia.org vs www.wikipedia.org and the Wikipedia family

Kurt Jansson jansson at gmx.net
Sat Oct 12 20:22:19 UTC 2002

> > When writing on Phase II, I was thinking about little flags for the
> > different languages. We'd just need a merged GB/US flag for
> > en.wikipedia.com...
>
> And Australian. And, uh, all the other countries that speak english.

I don't like flags, and I guess many others also don't like them. If we
really need some kind picture to represent a language, then please let's
coose an image of a famous person who used this language to produce
something important/famous/extraordinary/... (and who could represent
our NPOV somehow).

I don't know if we really need images, but if so than please not flags.

Kurt