[Wikipedia-l] DW

Jeroen Heijmans j.heijmans at stud.tue.nl
Sat Oct 12 21:46:46 UTC 2002

As some of you may have seen from the Recent Changes page, I've been
involved in an edit war with user DW (also appearing as various IPs
starting with 209) over [[List of famous Canadians]]. DW, who did most
of the initial work on the page wants to keep off Canadians that in his
eyes are not famous. Most of the other editors (among others Camembert,
GWO, and later I) argued that famous is a very subjective adjective, and
that there is no reason not to add anybody that also has an article on
Wikipedia (just having a bunch of empty links is less useful, except
maybe for some very famous persons that lack such an entry).

DW then started to vow he would keep reverting any changes regarding a
Canadian music group (Be Good Tanyas). This evolved into name calling
(especially directed at me), eventually in calling me fascist, etc. etc
(see the talk page and edit history for some samples). I'm getting tired
of dealing with DW, but I don't want to resort to banning or blocking of
the page - not only would that make me a "fascist" (well, at least in
DW's eyes), but he has made really valuable contributions in the past,
and I don't want to scare away good editors.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeronimo