[Wikipedia-l] Little flags

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 12 20:43:21 UTC 2002

On Saturday 12 October 2002 12:33 pm,  Khendon wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 07:28:14PM +0200, Magnus Manske wrote:
> > When writing on Phase II, I was thinking about little flags for the
> > different languages. We'd just need a merged GB/US flag for
> > en.wikipedia.com...
>
> And Australian. And, uh, all the other countries that speak english.

Yes this would be neat but may get out-of-hand for languages like Spanish in
which there are dozens of countries who use Spanish as their main language.

These flags would have to be tiny and might need to be combined in one image
file per language for the upcoming portal page in order to limit the number
of elements that browsers have to download. I'm not sure if the benefit is
worth the cost but it should be at least tried.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)