[Wikipedia-l] Moving the English Wikipedia to en.wikipedia.org

Brion VIBBER brion at pobox.com
Sat Oct 12 00:37:04 UTC 2002

mattheww+wikipedia at chiark.greenend.org.uk wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 02:12:43PM -0800, Brion VIBBER wrote:
>>FWIW, here's the status quo. The English wiki is at:
>>   www.wikipedia.org
>>
>>The following use 301 'temporarily moved' redirects to point to the
>>above [...]
>
> 301 is 'permanently moved'. They're using 302 'found'.

Oops, that's what I meant to say. The de, da/dk, nl, ja, ko, and meta
wikis are set up with permanent 301s to their present homes, with en/www
as temporary 302s (as only the (blank)/en/www is presently in dispute,
and I don't want web indexers dropping their links permanently until
it's resolved).

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)