[Wikipedia-l] en.wikipedia.org vs www.wikipedia.org and the Wikipedia family

Paul Ebermann Paul-Ebermann at gmx.de
Fri Oct 11 15:58:00 UTC 2002

"Khendon" skribis:

> What was wrong with my proposal to have the links divert to the language
> specified by cookie and/or browser setting? That still seems the best
> approach to me, although it might be a little more work...

(1) If I expect an english page about "Grilling"
(http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grilling), should I
get an german article about "Grillen" (that is not
linked from or to the English one, by the way) or
the non-existing Esperanto article about "rostado"?

(My language preferences are now eo, de, en, fr.)

I think, the existing links should stay directing to
the same pages.

Maybe we can set up a clever auto-language-selection
at www., but that should not have to use the namespace
/wiki/, should it?

just my opinion,
Paul