[Wikipedia-l] The Wikpedia family and the Spanish reunification effort)

Kurt Jansson jansson at gmx.net
Mon Oct 7 18:08:30 UTC 2002

> What can Jimbo and the English Wikipedia community reasonably do to
make you
> feel more comfortable and a part of a larger multilingual Wikipedia
> community? I of course only speak for myself and only ask this
question to
> gather information and spark discussion.

I guess the German Wikipedians are quite happy now. There are still some
things on our bug report page/sourceforge, and of course you can never
have enough contributors, but we are quite aware that we profit very
much from the other, and especially the Englisch Wikipedia. We can take
many good articles from you and translate them, we get visitors through
links from your articles, and many articles have a great google ranking,
which I think is caused by those links or by being on wikipedia.org.

Thank you!

> I would like all the different language Wikipedias to be a family
where the
> non-profit Wikipedia Foundation is the symbolic mother and the
different
> language Wikipedias are symbolic siblings.

I think we share this vision :-)

Want annoyed me when changing to Phase III was, that people mentioned
dates that were unrealistic. Please don't make this mistake again when
building the non-profit. Open source releases are driven by resolved
bugs, not by dates. If you say that it will take much time that's okay.
Maybe you can keep us informed how things are going.

Kurt