[Wikipedia-l] NPOV and the israeli-palestinian conflict

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Mon Oct 7 13:15:17 UTC 2002

>In my not-so-humble opinion, terrorism results when
>people are reminded constantly that they have no
>voice in their own government.  As an aside, I'm
>rather surprised there hasn't been more terrorism
>inside the U.S. since the public was told exactly
>that in November 2000.  But, alas, I am not a
>political scientist, nor am I anyone famous &
>profound, so I'll continue leaving that out of
>wikipedia.  :-)
>
>kq

I couldn't disagree more with kq's opinion about the U.S., its government and the American people's voice -- but I'll defend to the death his right to express that opinion!

The U.S. is both the modern pioneer and the world's leader in giving its citizens a "voice in their own government". We have elections on the national, state and local level. Our freedom of speech and press permits full discussion of every aspect of all issues. Anyone can form a political party or run for office independently.

I'd like to ask kq: did you mean that literally, or were you exaggerating something to make a point? If the latter, what were you exaggerating, and what was your point?

Ed Poor