[Wikipedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia and Enciclopedia Libre

Axel Boldt axelboldt at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 4 01:13:02 UTC 2002

The $100,000 question is: does the following

> No obstante, de cara al futuro del proyecto (centralista) de
> Wikipedia (americana) bajo Bomis (compañía privada) comprendo que lo
> mejor es la reunificación.

mean in effect "I understand that for the future of *your* centralist
American project under Bomis, the reunification *would be* best", i.e.
he rejects reunification, or does it mean "I understand that four *our*
project, reunification *is* best", i.e. he favors reunification.

> Efectivamente, el pez grande se traga al pequeño.

("Really, the big fish swallows the small one.") That seems to point to
the second interpretation. But for my taste, he could have been
clearer. :-)

Axel