[Wikipedia-l] Obscuring some redirects in the search

Brion VIBBER brion at pobox.com
Thu Oct 3 23:53:19 UTC 2002

tarquin wrote:
> As for redirects like "Zimbabwe/History", we don't want people to link
> to those.
> I am of the opinion that we should simply delete them -- the only
> argument against is that Google has indexed them.

Also there are links from external sites and personal bookmarks. Maybe
nothing links Zimbabwe/History, but there's at least one link to
Zimbabwe/Geography at this page:
   http://www.geometry.net/basic_z/zimbabwe_geography.php

How would it help our project if people follow links to what they are
told are articles only to find "Describe the text of the new page here."?

Do not delete redirects just because you find them un-aesthetic.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)