[Wikipedia-l] Re: Obscuring some redirects in the search

Kurt Jansson jansson at gmx.net
Thu Oct 3 18:14:59 UTC 2002

> >How about excluding all redirects from the search results, that lead
> >an article that is already listed?
> >
> That would do for most, but not all cases I was aiming for.

But it would be much easier :-)

> For example,
> if there's is an article Wikipedia:Wikipedians/Zimbabwe that used to
be
> at Wikipedians/Zimbabwe, I get a redirect to an article in the
> non-article namespace.

That's true. At the moment I sometimes use these redirects to find pages
in the wikipedia namespace.
I think those few redirects wouldn't be too annoying.

> A similar situation occurs if the article on
> Harare used to be at Zimbabwe/Harare.

Why? If you search for Harare and Zimbabwe/Harare is a redirect to that
page it will be excluded. - But maybe I didn't understand you right.

Kurt