[Wikipedia-l] Re: Obscuring some redirects in the search

Jeroen Heijmans j.heijmans at stud.tue.nl
Thu Oct 3 17:46:44 UTC 2002

Kurt Jansson wrote:

>> I have a feature request that I'd first like to put on the mailing
>list,
>> before putting it at SourceForge.
> >
>> [...]
>
>How about excluding all redirects from the search results, that lead to
>an article that is already listed?

That would do for most, but not all cases I was aiming for. For example,
if there's is an article Wikipedia:Wikipedians/Zimbabwe that used to be
at Wikipedians/Zimbabwe, I get a redirect to an article in the
non-article namespace. A similar situation occurs if the article on
Harare used to be at Zimbabwe/Harare.

Jeronimo