[Wikipedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia; Negotiation

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Wed Oct 2 17:14:17 UTC 2002

If there's no "common base", then there's no way to engage in "give and take" (this is a fundamental premise of Unification Church theology, besides being just plain good common sense).

Maybe before trying to sell our product, we should find out what our "customer" actually needs.

What are their goals, and how do those goals match ours?

Why did they split off?

What are the slanderous (or libelous) statements they've made?

What can we possibly offer them, that would make them recant those statements?

Without knowing the answers to ALL of those questions, I'd rather swim with sharks than try to negotiate with the other group.

Ed Poor