[Wikipedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia; Negotiation

Axel Boldt axelboldt at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 2 15:34:24 UTC 2002

--- Jimmy Wales <jwales at bomis.com> wrote:
> Daniel Mayer wrote:
> > 6) State that we have no intention of ever removing
es.wikipedia.com > > but we could point that URL to the Seville server
is they wish to
> > stay on that server.
>
> I don't think this is acceptable.  Without sever unity, there is no
> way for us to enforce openness.  If they start to ban people for
> political reasons, forming a 'cabal', we would be powerless to stop
> them.

In other words: we want them back on our US server, so that we, and not
they, are in control. We know who should be banned, but we don't trust
them with such decisions. Maybe we should say that clearly at the
beginning; it will shorten the discussion considerably.

Axel