[Wikipedia-l] the OsmosisTwo pest

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Tue Oct 1 12:51:37 UTC 2002

>http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Special:Contributions&target=128.19
>3.88.12
>
>this guy keeps making stupid comments on the OsmosisTwo page (which, as
>far as Mav & I can tell was created in error in the first place)
>i've checked his edits: his most contentious seems to be on  [[gun
>politics]] , butI'm not entirely sure about, being a Brit.
>
>it's close to 2 in the morning here so i'm not entirely sure if he's
>harmlessly pratting about, or winding us up on purpose, or practising
>for some real hardcore vandalism.
>
>i'm tempted to ban this person, but I could be prejudiced by the silly
>little edit war on OsmosisTwo.
>this is one to keep a watch on, at least
>
>tarquin

It seems personal to you, starting with [[gun politics]]. He was apparently
there trying to create a simpler restatement of the issues that read a bit
easier, at the cost of leaving out some information. A worthy goal, but
rather annoying. Your response, to leave both the wordy list and his new
elegant list in, and the remark, "are you happy now?", seem a bit snappy as
applied to someone who had never edited an article before. I would say this
contributor got off on the wrong foot and things have progressed downhill
from there. Perhaps not focusing on him would do more good than "watching"
him.

Fred