[Wikipedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at epost.de
Tue Oct 1 07:25:21 UTC 2002

My two cents on the whole discussion:

1. Why can't we just talk to them (EL) in English? I'm pretty sure most
of the people speak at least limited English (would be hard being on the
Internet otherwise;) Just say "sorry, my Spanish isn't good enough for
that".
2. Then, it could either be Jimbo talking to them, which might look
funny, as he is the big bad company boss himself trying to lure the
Spanish into his capitalistic trap ;) or Lee, as the author suggesting
the new software for starters.
3. Offer access to the wikipedia.org server for the one running the EL
server, in a way that he can get a database dump any time. So, if we go
AOL or M$, the database of the day before would still live free.
4. The EL could become the first read-only wikipedia, with the edit
links pointing to es.wikipedia.org. That would give some ground to
compromise on.

I'm sure all of that has been mentioned before, I just forgot ;-)

Magnus