[Wikipedia-l] Personal categories.

bderksen bderksen at ualberta.ca
Tue Nov 12 18:46:36 UTC 2002

>===== Original Message From Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> =====
>In conjunction with this, I believe it was Larry who wanted some sort of
>article subject classification.
>Thus if we were to use the Library of Congress letter classifications
>(which has the benefit of being usable without reinventing the wheel)

You might also want to throw in a few Wikipedia-specific classifications, such
as "disambiguation page" or "article list" (to handle all the year articles,
list-of-blanks articles, etc). These could be handy for future use by fancy
queries and such (eg, searching for disambiguation articles that don't link to
the [[disambiguation]] page or getting a more accurate count of "real"
articles).