[Wikipedia-l] Sysop status

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia-l at math.ucr.edu
Wed Jul 31 05:30:08 UTC 2002

maveric149 wrote in part:

>Again I would like to restate my proposal to have an 'old hand' status that
>would allow users that have been around a while and are generally trusted to
>move pages and edit protected pages.

I don't think that I've done this before,
so I'd like to officially state my agreement on this.
30 days/30 edits, mentioned before, seems reasonable offhand.
Is there agreement that we do want to open up these two functions,
and that the only thing left to discussion is the criteria?

>Aside.... Is the name "Pedia Wiki" used anymore? Or does our wikiware have no
>name? :-(

Sure it has a name: "Phase III Software".
Sounds like a .com startup.

-- Toby Bartels
   <toby+wikipedia-l at math.ucr.edu>