[Wikipedia-l] What do I do when my bug report is rejected for an invalid reason?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Jul 27 07:22:12 UTC 2002

Jens Frank wrote:

>>But the response isn't true.  I still can't get "view the last (x) days" to work.
>>

>Hi Zoe,
>
>There are two limits active: First the number of changes to be displayed
>(150 by default), second the number of days (3 by default).
>
>If you click on "7 days", the limit of 150 still applies. You have to click
>on "500", to get the last 500 changes, up to 7 days ago.
>
>However, you probably won't get 7 days that way two, since there are more than 500
>changes in 7 days. You will have to change the URL to include e.g. 1000 or 2000
>changes.

It seems to me that the limit in days has outlived its usefulness,  It
made sense when the number of contributions to Wikipedia were relatively
small, but now with multiple edits being reported the number of changes
can be as much as 1500 to 2000 every day.  The operation of these limits
is also counter-intuitive.  To the uninitiated, the natural way to
interpret this function is on an either/or basis.

Eclecticology