[Wikipedia-l] What do I do when my bug report is rejected for an invalid reason?

lcrocker at nupedia.com lcrocker at nupedia.com
Wed Jul 24 21:40:11 UTC 2002

The answer to the title question is to do exactly what you're doing--
argue your case.  It's quite likely that I've misunderstood a bug or
mistaken it for another.

In this case, the date the bug was entered made me think it was
entered against the test database before transition, but right after
I had restored an old dump, which would have produced symptoms
similar to those you mention.  In the case of the live database,
others have answered you: the time cutoff and result count are
parallel limits. You only get the changes that meet both criteria.
If there's a way you think this might be better documented, feel free
to open a documentation bug or feature request.