[Wikipedia-l] Please undelete bobine120.jpg

Anthere anthere5 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 25 11:48:14 UTC 2002

Karen,

Regardless of the issue of images being used in other
wikis and of having an indication of where to look at
(seems to be a very important issue no ?), maybe it
would be wise not to delete any images with a title in
an obvious foreign language. Especially if this
language is used in one of the international wiki.
I understand it's really tough if it's in javanese
language though.

But in this case, I must say I'm puzzled : you
recognised a french title, with a french diagram, so
probably it's related to french wiki. You assume it's
unused. Why not ask to french wiki or on the
international list ? Just in case, for safety, even if
somebody told you maybe our image space was not common
?

As somebody stated it, if our stuff is in common, the
link must be seen, otherwise just pretend it's not
there, until we are able to check ourselves.
If really the image is bothering you (if you fear it's
copyrighted for example), I highly recommand you ask
on the international list or directly on the specific
wiki (you can write to us in english :-)). Please.

By the way, I take the opportunity to indicate
something that is getting a problem to my point of
view. Do you guys are not troubled by the increasing
numbers of messages that gets everyday ?
I was away for a week, when I came back, I had over
250 messages in the mail box. I guess that these last
few days, the number of messages is over 40 per day.
I'll be away most of august, I'm afraid I'll have to
disconnect from the list otherwise it will overflow.
Say...arenot they some issues that might be treated on
another list ? I appreciated the effort that were made
to direct people to the cvs bugbase for bug report...

Maybe I am only bothered because I can't read as
quickly as you do...but do not expect non-english to
necessarily see a message that might concern them
(such as an image deletion issue...)

cheers

anthere

and btw2 : I like the new en.wiki software and
interface (though I definitly had to give up using
Netscape, it overlaps text, logo and tool bar real bad
;-)). Welcome Opera !

http://fr.wikipedia.com/wiki.cgi?Le_Choix_De_La_Pellicule_En_Argentique