[Wikipedia-l] I just noticed that 'vote for this page' has disappeared

Brion VIBBER brion at pobox.com
Tue Jul 23 21:38:44 UTC 2002

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> It's something that I found quite handy because a) it gave you somewhere
> to stow pages away for future reference, and b) it was a place to bring
> them to other's attention if they really needed something done and you
> didn't know enough to do it.

Lee arbitrarily took out the voting system; if we clamor loud enough, he
promises to put it back.

Which reminds me... everybody, don't forget the bug & feature request-
tracking system at the Wikipedia project page on Sourceforge:
   http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=34373

Wiki pages get cluttered with this kind of thing, and mailing list
messages get quickly forgotten, but the tracker won't leave us poor
programmers alone until we do something about it...

<snip>
> But I like the list of orphaned images,

Aha! I was looking for that up next to "Upload images" and "List
images"; on another look it turns out to be way down by "List orphaned
articles".

Note that there are still some limitations; it doesn't know about images
and other files that are indirectly linked via a clickable URL within
the English wiki, or from the various non-English wikipedias.

> PS. I miss having my shortcut bar on the righthand side of the page too,
> but I'm getting used to the change. I realised WHY I liked it there - I
> use the random page button a lot and it was that much closer to the
> scrollbar on the righthand side of the page so it saved a little extra
> movement when I was browsing.

You can set it back to the righthand side in your user preferences.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)