[Wikipedia-l] Cologne Blue

tarquin tarquin at planetunreal.com
Tue Jul 16 23:13:41 UTC 2002

Cologne Blue is really nice.
I have a few reservations about it though:
* it's a pity it doesn't include the Wikipedia logo
* It could be just habit, but I was lost in the sidebar. Lots of
Windows95-style "My Settings" and "My Page" etc. It took me ages to find
"diff". Like I said, that could be habit.
* lastly, and most importantly it's hard to read because it uses a sans
serif font. For encyclopedia articles with large blocks of text,
legibility is very important. I've just switched back to default because
I was finding it hard to focus, & my reading speed has increased
immediately.

Overall, it's a super layout, much more welcoming & less "techy"-feeling
than the default.

tarquin