[Wikipedia-l] 130.94.122.197

Karen AKA Kajikit kaji at labyrinth.net.au
Thu Jul 4 23:26:24 UTC 2002

lcrocker at nupedia.com wrote:

> > If the reason was to improve performance, then maybe list
> > redirects to an article separately under a heading like
> > "Pages that redirect here" (a good idea either way). Then
> > maybe also have a link next to each of these redirects to
> > "Pages that link to {redirect's name}".
>
> It wasn't a performance issue--just a matter of personal
> choice, but since there's now two complaint I suppose I'm
> outvoted.  Very well then, I'll have the page show the current
> list (pages that link here), followed by pages that link to
> each of those pages on the first list that are redirects.
> I just don't want the two mixed together.
> 0

I think showing redirects is a good thing... because it makes it easier
to make sure that all important redirects have been made. There isn't
really any way to check apart from trying to make the redirect pages and
discovering that they do or don't exist already.

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

You can take the dragon out of Alfandra, but you can never take Alfandra
out of the dragon (or the Kitty)...

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://Kajikit.netfirms.com/
Allergyfree Eating Recipe Swap: