[Wikipedia-l] Complete list of encyclopedia topics

bderksen bderksen at ualberta.ca
Thu Apr 4 15:32:42 UTC 2002

<schnadfn at isis.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de> =====
>Hi,
>
>Bryan Derksen wrote:
>
>> Alternately, perhaps there is some way to specifically exclude "Complete
list
>> of encyclopedia topics"
>> and its subpages from the link database that LonelyPages uses to find
>> orphans; this would serve the same goal. Unfortunately, I know nothing
>> about the guts of wikipedia or related scripting, so I can't offer any real
>> help on this myself.
>
>Changing the links to weblinks should be enough: [[apple]] ->
>[http://www.wikipedia.com/wiki/apple apple]

Clever! Hadn't thought of that option. But if we did that, the pages would
lose some of their functionality for their intended purpose; one wouldn't be
able to browse around looking for ideas for new articles to write, since the
links would no longer indicate visually which articles existed and which
didn't (weblinks all look the same whether the article exists or not).