[Wikimediaindia-l] Delhi Chapter (User:AroundTheGlobe) (mayur)

wheredevelsdare at hotmail.com wheredevelsdare at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 6 07:10:06 UTC 2011

RE:Mayur - As I suggested, you could request the Chapter to appoint a regional committee (with certain autonomy, reporting directly to the EC). This should solve all your issues. Can you please explain exactly how a new chapter will help Delhi? Further I am sure your aware it took about 2 years in getting the India Chapter sorted, it takes a lot of time effort and money in dealing with bureaucracy in getting registered. By the time you have gone through that you will be zapped - just whats happened in the India Chapter case where they are now getting their bearings together. The guys have done all the hard work, let us look forward. If you feel that you could do better if you were part of the Chapter Executive Committee - stand for elections at the next AGM!

Further, its unfair to say that the Chapter and foundation are not on your side. For example, Anirudh, a member of the Chapter EC was on ground in Delhi earlier this year organising Wikipedia X celebrations. The foundation office is based in Delhi - how can you say that the Foundation has given Delhi a pass? If you have this attitude in Delhi then just imagine what the West or East of India should think - the Foundation is in the North and Chapter in the South with the East and West squashed in between! Let us remember we are part of the Union of India.