[Wikimediaindia-l] Delhi Chapter (User:AroundTheGlobe)

Subhashish Panigrahi psubhashish at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 06:41:47 UTC 2011

Dear Mayur,

Just want to interrupt you, Chapter's focus is for all the languages. I
myself being from Odisha has seen the impartial support from chapter for
outreach.

If you feel there is greater need of awareness do it by meetups and you and
Vibhi being active members could carry this ahead.

Do you really need a chapter for conducting Meetups or making people aware
of Wikipedia, it will happen through community activism.

And chapter being operational 5 months back can't do some magic for the
newly developing Wikipedias, it's a matetr of time.

If the south Indian Wikis have grown up in a greater way that's because of
awareness created by respective Wikipedians. We need active and enthusiastic
people to create awareness and contribution, not some governing body.

So, creating awareness and outreach programs should be the first task
instead of dividing the movement by this North-South conflict.

Kind regards
Subha