[Wikimediaindia-l] Delhi Chapter (User:AroundTheGlobe)

Noopur noopur.raval at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 06:33:29 UTC 2011

Having been to a couple of meet ups when I was studying in Bangalore and now
being based out of Delhi, I cannot help but notice how petty this discussion
is becoming. Wikipedia being a free and open community, I don't see why
encouraging more activity in Delhi should be a problem at all. Let us not
bicker over juvenile politics and such. What I suggest is that enthusiastic
pioneers who wish to establish a Delhi chapter come up with a plan and ideas
about what they wish to do once it is started and running.
Also, the last time we had a Delhi meet up, more than half of them were
salesmen from their companies, out there to promote their brands. That
doesn't mean we stop having meet ups, but we find a more serious base, get
regular people actively involved, have a meeting agenda and then talk about
a chapter.
What do you say?
Cheers
Noopur