[Wikimediaindia-l] Wikipedia Bangalore Meet-up April 11, 2010

Achal Prabhala aprabhala at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 06:44:31 UTC 2010

Sorry about that - don't know how or why it happens. What I said was
that with the participation of a critical mass of Wikipedians, each
language Wikipedia could possibly reflect the culture of those
language-speakers, i.e. what they want to see on Wikipedia - I certainly
did not mean to imply that Japanese Wikipedia has no citations or that
they are not required in India (just that we might have to try harder
for this in cultures with a strong oral tradition)...and that a good
measure of an Indian language Wikipedia's success might be to compare
it's readership with that of an online news or entertainment portal in
that language.

Here's to more clarity in the future?!