[Wikimediaau-l] Conroy - "Measures to improve safety of the internet for families"

private musings thepmaccount at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 04:51:33 UTC 2009

ps. This section from the 'FAQ' is probably relavent too;
"In consultation with owners of popular overseas sites, *consideration is
being given to exempt high traffic sites* from having their material
included on the RC Content list if they implement arrangements to either
take down identified RC-rated content or to block it from access by internet
protocol (IP) addresses in Australia."
( from
http://www.dbcde.gov.au/funding_and_programs/cybersafety_plan/internet_service_provider_isp_filtering/isp_filtering_live_pilot/isp_filtering_-_frequently_asked_questions#14.0-
bolding mine )
It may be useful to look at whether or not WMF projects qualify / are
appropriate for such an exemption - I would think traffic may warrant it?
(whether our content does or not, is a different matter!)
cheers,
Peter,
PM.