[Wikimediaau-l] A goldmine of historical pictures

private musings thepmaccount at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 21:15:15 UTC 2008

G'day folks,

There's a story today in the herald about the publication on flickr of 100
photos from the nsw state library,
http://www.smh.com.au/news/web/our-history-on-flickr/2008/10/03/1222651344594.html

The resource on flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/statelibraryofnsw/
is fantastic! full of pic.s that would be a valuable addition to commons, I
reckon (and there are more here;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/powerhouse_museum/ )

some of these have been uploaded by Riana - but not all (I think) - so I
wondered if anyone might have any interest or energy in helping bring these
shots onto Commons? - In adding one shot to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enid_Lyons - I found the upload forms at
Commons rather difficult to complete accurately (I have quite likely
selected the wrong 'licence tag' which means I'll be pestered by a bot in
minutes!) - if anyone has any further advice on both the 'correct' way to
licence these pics, and a technical way of uploading heaps of images, it'd
be appreciated :-)

(as would a short Chapter update :-) )

best,

Peter