[Wikimediaau-l] Chapter/SoP update

Brian Salter-Duke b_duke at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jul 8 02:18:32 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 10:03:21PM -0400, Casey Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 9:49 PM, private musings <thepmaccount at gmail.com> wrote:
> >... also, am I right in saying that Chapcom is the interim
> > chapter committee? - sorry for being slow!
> >

> No, "ChapCom" <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/ChapCom> is the
> Foundation's special committee with regards to chapters.  The Aussies
> had originally submitted their bylaws to this committee and the
> committee worked with them on them and finally gave them their
> approval.  After that, they gave their recommendation for approval to
> the Foundation Board and the Board officially "resolved" that they
> were an official chapter.
>
> The interim committee for WMAU is different. :-)

This is absolutely correct. To clarify, however, the bylaws, or
incorporation rules, are not being altered. We are altering the
"Statement of Purpose" which is needed by Consumer Affairs in Victoria
to give them information about what we are about. When I submitted the
rules and SoP to them, they indicated that the original SoP was too
short and not adequate, so I withdrew the application and brought it
back for further consideration. There have been some delays since then,
but I hope, as Public Officer, that I can get it back to Consumer
Affairs in the very near future. Hopefully we can ask ChapComm after a
meeting of the Committee this coming Sunday.

Brian.