[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia and Internet2

Jasper Deng jasper at jasperswebsite.com
Sun Oct 13 17:52:40 UTC 2013

Thanks for the feedback, Leslie.

Yeah it's more about having direct connections. I guess we can't really use
it to increase bandwidth except to people already on their network, but
those who are on the network do tend to use our sites a lot, since they
often have to do research.

I'm not clear on whether we would be merely peering with them or actually
adding another data link, since (for instance) Missouri University set up
their own IXP just to connect to their network. But peering seems to
achieve the desired result.