[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Changes at the Wikimedia Foundation Fundraising Team

Sue Gardner sgardner at wikimedia.org
Tue Jul 30 01:27:47 UTC 2013

On 29 July 2013 17:41, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Sue Gardner <sgardner at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>
> etc. He's also been one of the strongest proponents of making
> decisions informed by data. We still rely on the bursts of insights
> generated in the Summer of Research, and Zack has helped kickstart
> many important habits in our work.

I know! In my first drafts of the announcement, I wrote quite a lot
about the Summer of Research and all the insight & intelligence Zack
brought to understanding the Wikimedia community and its internal
workings, as well as the specifics of the editor retention problem. I
took it all out because the note got too long, and was really supposed
to focus on the Fundraising department as well as just Zack. Thank you
for bringing it back up :-)

Sue