[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Changes at the Wikimedia Foundation Fundraising Team

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Jul 30 00:41:32 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Sue Gardner <sgardner at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> We all owe Zack enormous thanks and praise.

No kidding - the accomplishments of the fundraising team have been
amazing. In addition to supporting WMF's growth and thereby our
ability to take on very ambitious and complex projects like
VisualEditor, Zack has also optimized practically all other aspects of
the fundraiser, including duration/persistence, geographic/cultural
diversity of our messaging, storytelling, impact on registered users,
etc. He's also been one of the strongest proponents of making
decisions informed by data. We still rely on the bursts of insights
generated in the Summer of Research, and Zack has helped kickstart
many important habits in our work. He's also brought many excellent
individuals to WMF, including Lisa, who will be a fantastic CRO.

I'm glad Zack will continue to provide insights and support to the
fundraising team, and I'll be intrigued to read or hear more about
what he does with the rest of his time. :-)

All best,
Erik
--
Erik Möller