[Wikimedia-l] Travel Project - Next Steps

Philippe Beaudette philippe at wikimedia.org
Thu Sep 20 06:05:31 UTC 2012

As Erik mentions, there is a straw poll regarding naming at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Travel_Guide/Naming_straw_poll.

It is initially framed as whether the project shall be called
WikiVoyage.  This is just for simplicity's sake: the domain names are
already secured (obviously, by the extant site), owned and have a
history.  If the community prefers not to use that name, the
Foundation is perfectly happy to run an alternative naming process.

Please weigh in at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Travel_Guide/Naming_straw_poll.  Your
voice is needed.

pb