[Wikimedia-l] Who invoked "principle of least surprise" for the image filter?

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Thu Jun 21 18:27:22 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 2:22 PM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> Secondly, I'm not talking just about sexually explicit photos.
> Wikipedia has photos of people being or about to be [[behead]]ed,
> [[torture]]d, [[kidnap]]ped, [[assassination]]ed, etc.  I checked, and
> there's no photograph of someone being [[rape]]d, just paintings, but
> it's probably just a matter of time.

No photo on the [[child abuse]] article either.  Is this for pragmatic
reasons (no free photo available), or reasons of principle?

If someone added a photo of child abuse on the [[child abuse]]
article, and if it did not have any copyright issues, would it be kept
unless there was a "consensus" to delete it?