[Foundation-l] Logo Contests

Nicholas Moreau nicholasmoreau at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 19:16:03 UTC 2006

On another bent to the topic, could I ask the board to pass a resolution
regarding replacement logos saying:

   1. At least five of top ten contributing languages must agree the logo
   should be changed.
   2. If this is satisfied, the Board and/or Communications Committee
   must agree in principal that a logo change would be timely, acceptable and
   warranted.
   3. Logo competitions must be structured from the beginning by
   independent Wikimedians, as the board elections are.

While I agree that Wiktionary and Wikisource needed to be refreshed,
Wikibooks just seems to be riding the trend, and I'm worried that once these
competitions are over, there'll only be more. It would be nice to keep the
project identities steady.

Nick