[Wikimedia-Canada] Steering Committee

L.Gelauff lgelauff at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 17:34:50 UTC 2010

Hi Andrew,

I tried to send an email to this mailing list some time ago, but it
never got approved by the list moderator apparently. I will attempt to
resend it once more (although some information there will probably be
obsolete now)

As I read from your email, you submitted already to the government?
Somehow I must have missed something here. I realize that there have
been some miscommunications in the past between Canadian wikimedians
and the chapters committee, but the regular way to start up a chapter
is by first going through chapcom and thén go through the government
process. The chapters committee does not want to make your life hard,
but would like to give input on bylaws and structures (we think we
might have some experience in chapters that might come in use), and
would like to give that input before you apply for incorporation to
make it easier to process some possible changes.

I have to admit that I am somewhat surprised by your move for
incorporation, the chapters committee was not aware of that until I
read the archives of this list (although we knew there was an interest
in setting up a chapter). I hope that communications can be improved
from here on, and that we can follow regular processes.

Thanks and best regards,

Lodewijk