[WikiEN-l] show index number in body of wiki page

Gordon Stewart gordonisnz at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 11:02:46 UTC 2012

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Peter Coombe
<thewub.wiki at googlemail.com> wrote:
> My preferences > Appearance > Advanced options > Auto-number headings
>
> To set this on by default for anonymous and new users, add the
> following to LocalSettings.php:
> $wgDefaultUserOptions['numberheadings'] = 1;
>
> To change it for existing users, looks like you'll have to run
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:UserOptions.php

Ah - So we can't set this on a per-page setting ? (wiki code ?)

I'm able to edit / add  pages - But I'm not a system administrator &
most of our pages do not need auto-numbering.

(the page I'm looking at / wanting - is quite long, & lots of sections in it...)

is there a place where we can add suggestions ? - could be useful on a
per-page setting. IE "turnnumberson" command ?

--

Gordon.

Changing the world one gift at a time
Auckland North Shore Freecycle - New Zealand
http://www.freecycle.org/