[WikiEN-l] Articles for Creation broken

Steven Zhang szhang at wikimedia.org
Sun Aug 19 02:07:39 UTC 2012

On 17/08/2012, at 10:55 PM, Charles Matthews <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> You are saying that there is a backlog (a problem of success), so the
> thing is broken? I know attention-seeking rhetoric is normal in our
> discussions, but what exactly is your logic? You preferred the older
> system. I don't know what you are saying about the high bar.

	I think that the use of Articles for Creation is a good thing - don't get me wrong. I just think that if articles are waiting weeks and weeks for reviewing, then it's doing a disservice to those who contribute this new content to Wikipedia - they may give up on it before it's even been reviewed. I don't think this necessarily means that we should get rid of the process, but we should at least think about how we can address the situation so it does not occur again.