[WikiEN-l] Articles for Creation broken

Katie Chan ktc at ktchan.info
Fri Aug 17 13:06:38 UTC 2012

On 17/08/2012 12:36, Steven Zhang wrote:
> So, I had a look at articles for creation today, and there was nearly 1,000 pending article submissions. Articles for creation has changed a lot since 2008 - it was of a similar structure to XFD - all submissions for a particular day were on one page, and people could come along and approve or reject based in certain criteria.

I can't remember the number off the top of my head, but the number of
submissions per day back then and the number of submission now is on a
totally different order. The solution is to get more experienced editors
reviewing submissions.

> I think that system worked well. True, we have a lot more article creations, but I think it gave more visibility than the current system where everything is subpaged.

I agree to that to an extent but one major advantage with the current
subpage system is the retention of page history when an accepted
submission is moved to mainspace compare to previously where the
reviewing editor start a new page and manually copy and paste the
submission over.

KTC

     - Heinrich Heine