[WikiEN-l] "Corporate Representatives for Ethical Wikipedia Engagement"

David Goodman dggenwp at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 04:18:56 UTC 2012

If we let people delete articles on themselves, they will delete
those articles not   closely conforming to their own idea of
themselves, and this gives them a veto power over content. No BLP will
then be other than promotional.  In my experience the problem with
most little-watched articles, bio or otherwise, is much more likely to
be promotionalism than abuse.

It would be better to have a rule to never take the views of the
subject in consideration about whether we should have an article,
unless an exception can be made according to other Wikipedia rules, in
particular, Do No Harm.  People have the right to a fair article, but
not to a favorable one.

I agree that the ratio of editors to articles is much too low. What we
need is not fewer bios, but more editors. Encouraging new people to
work on BLPs is the solution.

--
David Goodman

DGG at the enWP